Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I know, I haven't posted a thing yet this week. So unlike me ;)

Of course I've been busy. Classes started this week at the community college I teach part time at. I was set to teach one English Composition class, but last week got a call that they were adding another section of a class and needed someone to teach it. How can I resist? Its not quite an English class, but its a class on study skills and such, much like the class I taught last semester. And I love imparting my wisdom on how to negotiate college life.

So I spent the better part of the weekend and the beginning of the week getting my stuff together to teach. I can't tell you how much I enjoy teaching. And especially at the community college level. Of course I am always pretty nervous on the first day, but after those first classes, after meeting all of my eager to learn students, it all settles back into place. And its a very comfortable place. I somehow always manage to have a great group of students. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the semester. It will be a challenge to teach 2 classes and keep it all together and stay organized and on top of things, but its worth it.

And when I haven't been busy with getting my stuff prepared to teach, I've been obsessively reading the Twilight books. Guilty. Over the past few months I've seen so many mothers out there reading this series, and kind of rolled my eyes... then my daughter wanted the books for Christmas. So I got her the first one. She completely devoured it in less than 2 days. I had been trying to get her to read forever. And finally, something that she read from beginning to end and as soon as she finished it, flipped back to the first page... I went and got her the second and third books in the series and she read those just as fast (even though they were much thicker)... By the time she started the fourth book I decided that I should probably see what was so interesting about the series. I was immediately hooked. I'm almost finished with the 4th book. And of course can't wait until I finally finish because I have so many things that have gone neglected for more reading time :)

So that's what I've been up to. I need to find a way to manage my time better ;) There just never seems to be enough time in one day...

9 comments:

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I taught CC for a year and LOVED it. It was bittersweet too, because it was the CC where I was once a student. I miss that job.....enjoy your new students!!

Suzie said...

I got hooked on it too. Luckly I was really ill at the time so I could block everything else out and read

Nut Nut said...

I've disappeared too. Sometimes life does that to us! I've yet to succumb to the Twilight series. I'm not against it because of the hype, I just don't know if I really need to get hooked on something else I'll want to read. Probably some day. : )

Momisodes said...

Wow. You definitely have been busy, and have busy days ahead. I have admire your positive attitude and eagerness in beginning classes.

I've also started the first Twilight book. I'm getting into it...slowly :)

Lapa37 said...

Glad to hear you have been busy teaching that is a good thing to be busy doing.I hope it is going well for you.

anymommy said...

How fun that you are teaching - glad that you're enjoying it along with a little light reading!

Anonymous said...

It's Harry Potter all over again.

Kaci said...

You are one busy bee and I'm guilty for reading Twilight too!

Hattie said...

Luv, Luv, Luv the Twilight series. The movie was almost just as good!!! The forth book was my fav!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com