Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wanna Swap?

I have become totally and completely addicted to a newly discovered website. My husband, the wonderful internet surfer that he is, stumbled upon a site: swaptree.com where you can swap DVDs, CDs, video games and Books!! It's really simple, you just make a list of books, DVDs, and/or CDs that you want and list the DVDs, books and CDs that you have that you want to get rid of (swap!) and you will get matched up with someone who wants what you have and has what you want!

We don't have cable, so we end up buying movies quite a bit. And a lot of times those movies just don't turn out to be good enough to watch twice... I've thought about putting them on Ebay, but figured I wouldn't get much out of them... Ebay is usually flooded with new and recent movies. And I've thought about putting them into a garage sale, but same thing - you pay around $20 for a movie and you'd probably only be able to get $2 or $3 at most out of them at a garage sale... Swapping them for movies that you know you like, or another movie that you think you might like better is pretty gosh darn appealing! So far it has worked out great for us! We've made some great trades :) And I'm completely addicted!

If you have movies, books, CDs or video games sitting around gathering dust, it might be a great way to get rid of them and get something in return :)

1 comments:

Missy said...

We recently joined paperbackswap.com, same kind of thing, only just for books. So far, I like it.
I did sell a lot of 14 DVD's on Ebay last month for $20 - which is pitiful, but I was just happy I got something for them.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com