OK, so I've been a bad blogger/blog buddy as of late. I've been consumed with getting things organized and prepared for teaching a class this semester. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be a stay at home mommy... but in reality, I still am mostly a stay at home mommy. I was supposed to be teaching 2 classes, but as I blogged/bragged about it ;) one of the classes got canceled... not quite enough students enrolled. So now I'm only teaching one class. So I'm only away from home two nights a week for maybe two hours.
Have you ever noticed that if something really exciting happens or is about to happen or is going on and you blog about it - it falls apart or stops happening? It seems to happen to me quite often... I blogged about my son sleeping all night in his big boy bed. And that was the last night it happened... there have been many other such happenings, but I won't bore you with all the details... but I will not blog about D peeing in the potty twice!! Instead I will complain about him just wanting to sit and play on it for hours on end with no results... he will tell me he has to pee and poop, but usually won't do a thing but sit there. At least he is comfortable sitting there.
Anyway, on to what I really started this post for! :) I'm totally one for beating around the bush and never quite getting to the point ;)
Last week, during my last minute flurry of getting my stuff together for teaching, one of my good blog buddies, Jen, tagged me for this award: The BFF gold card Award!
Needless to say I was completely thrilled! Who doesn't love to get an award?? Unfortunately I didn't have the time to think about who to pass it on to! :) this one is a little different, you are supposed to pass it on to 4 people who have been following you for a long time and then a new follower from another country. Sadly, I don't think I have any followers from another country, so I will just have to pass it on to a new follower...
So, I will be passing this award on to:
Suzie from Up The Hill Backwards she just continues to be one of my favorite blogs and one of my favorite followers :)
Nut Nut from Nutty Tales who is one of the most prolific and hilarious bloggers I visit often and who reciprocates the visits :)
Missy from Bees and Boo-boos cause she's so sweet :)
MamaGeek from What Works for Us cause she's got some mad photo skills!
And the new follower that I will tag for this award is Honeywine because she tagged me for this meme! :)
So... onto the meme:
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
My 6 unspectacular quirks? I have too many quirks... but aren't they all pretty spectacular? ;)
1. I hate, hate, hate touching raw meat. And despite that complete and utter hatred I actually, for the first time in my life, cut up a chicken and put it in the crock pot! Man was that gruesome!! And very difficult. I guess I need some real kitchen knives or swords or whatever it is that best cuts up a chicken!
2. I have to chew food equally on both sides of my mouth... which leads to #3
3. I have to get an even number of food items, so that I can properly chew evenly ;) (ie.. 4 oreos, not 3 or 5, it must be either 2 or 4).
4. If I don't have to go anywhere, I won't.
5. If I don't have to go anywhere, I will stay in my pjs all day.
6. I absolutely hate making phone calls. Which is probably why I do not retain friends ;) I will never call them.
So there are my 6 unspectacular quirks in all their glory...
on to the tagging... the first 4 are easy - I tag the first 4 people I tagged for the BFF gold card award! :) Suzie, Nut Nut, Missy, and MamaGeek (linked above - I'm too lazy to link again) and I will also tag Jen and Kelli from Gohn Crazy. Have fun!!