Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tax Refund! Woo Hoo!!

There's almost nothing better than the empty splurge when you get your tax refund! :)

We went right out to Wal-Mart and spent about $850.00!!! OK, so $600 was on this here laptop that I'm typing on. Which I didn't really need, but it's pretty nice. And it's got Windows Vista Home *premium* vs. home basic (they all suck, but at least the premium has the cool switch between windows that they were advertising and I was so disappointed about not having when we got our new desktop last year with tax refund).

But the rest was $100 on movies and $100 on pure junk. The one necessity that we did manage to get in the cart was dog food. And of course snacks for M to take to school. Because we know that's an absolute necessity. The junk was all sweets! We had a shopping cart full of movies and candy! But ya just gotta splurge once in a while. We ate the sweets all the way home :) D ate about 2 1/2 of those new oreo cookie cake things - his eyes started glazing over and he couldn't finish the last one... I ate 3 of the oreos, a cream horn and a reeses peanut butter cup and then felt like I was going to barf! So naughty of me. I switched to Diet Coke a few weeks ago, in a sad attempt at losing some baby weight gain... Honestly, I already lost all the weight I gained with B. I only gained about 20 lbs or so. But I still hadn't lost most of the weight I gained with D. I gained 60 lbs with him!! And had only lost about 25-30 of it before I got pregnant with B. Anyway, who cares. It was tax refund day and I was in the high of the moment. It only happens once a year thank god!

Almost forgot what I was really going to blog about ;)
We were all ready to walk out the door to go meet my husband to do our splurge and I leaned down to pick up baby B in her car seat... of course she had pooped. Go figure. So I asked M to keep an eye on D while I change the baby since he's in the kitchen ready to walk out the door. I'm changing the baby and I hear M "no D don't do that," "D stop that," "D get off the floor," about 20 times in 2 minutes (exaggerating for effect I'm sure), then I don't hear anything so am relieved. I finish changing the baby and walk into the kitchen to find D STANDING on the kitchen table!!! I yelled "Holy ******insert very bad word here*****" and then M walks out of the bathroom "what?" as if nothing is going on. Man did I yell at her. She knows better. If I would have known she wasn't going to watch him for 2 minutes, I would have put him back in the living room where I could watch him... ugh!! Then in the store, I was wearing the baby, the husband was pushing the cart with D. Husband turned to grab cram horns, I was grabbing some cookies, M was oogling the food and D says "sit down" and of course I turn around and he's standing in the cart basket! Thank God he's still yelling at himself. It took him all of 2 seconds to stand up like that. And the belt was on him pretty tight.

This morning B had a major poop through. We haven't had a poop through in almost a week, but today more than made up for it. I picked her up to change her and thought she had wet through the diaper... nope it was poop. Not only did it seep out up her back, but all down her leg! It was awful!! I've never seen a poop through that bad before!
Now that I've disgusted everyone, I really have to do some laundry and start packing for our big move!!!!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com