Monday, January 14, 2008

The Joys of Co-Sleeping

Last night our toddler, D, woke up at 1am. Talking to himself, pulling my hair, kicking my back... my husband had gone to sleep with his head opposite of us three (me, D and baby B), hoping to get some sleep. For some reason D had been pulling his hair and kicking him all night... last night he must have realized it was me he was pestering, so then he crawled down to the other end of the bed and snuggled in with the husband and then started pestering him - that was at about 3am... then he started really talking to himself, flapping his appendages everywhere and loudly chewing on his nails... I don't think he ever went back to sleep. As soon as I got up at 6:30am to get our daughter, M, up for school, he was right behind me...
...and boy has he been something else all day! His OCD has been going like wildfire! For an hour straight it was "mint, mint, mint, mint, mint." Then at dinner he remembered that last night we ran out of "juice in a box" and that's what he wanted tonight. "Juice in a box, juice in a box, juice in a box, juice in a box." He even took his nap today with no problems. He probably needed a longer nap. He usually isn't this bad unless he hasn't had his nap. And of course the baby had her 4-month shots today :*( and has been feeling yucky all day and night.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com