Friday, May 22, 2009

The Home Stretch

A little less than 5 weeks to go. It still seems to have gone by so fast. But I've hit that part of pregnancy where I am just ready. That part where you just feel uncomfortable regardless of where you're sitting or what position you're sitting/sleeping in. That part where your back sends those tingly feelings down your legs and you just can't sit in one spot for longer than about 2 minutes...

Kind of funny how things go. With my first pregnancy, I was so convinced I was going to go early that I made my husband get everything put together (crib, playpen, bassinette etc...) and set up about 2 months ahead of time. I had everything washed, put away and waiting. And I had my bag packed and ready to dash to the hospital. I had nothing to do but sit and wait. Which proved to produce more anxiety! :) I ended up being induced on my due date.

The second time around was very similar. Except I waited until I had about a month and a half to go. Then I just had everything set up and had all the clothes ready. I didn't bother packing my bag until about a month to go. At which point I figured that I would go early... but nope - ended up going 3 days late!

This time? I realized that I had just about nothing done and 5 weeks to go! So I finally started getting things ready. I washed all the receiving blankets and new clothes I bought. I still have to go through all of D's baby clothes and get them washed and ready. Of course I'm starting to convince myself that I'm going to go early... one sure way to make that happen is to hold off on getting everything ready ;) But in all reality, I sure don't want to get caught having nothing done!! So I will be getting the rest of what I need to get done really soon here! :)

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Just a word of caution... my first three pregnancies I was induced, I never went into labor. Then with my forth he came six weeks early. I had nothing done. I just had my shower the week before and everything was still in boxes. I thought he was going to be like my first three, so I just waited. BIG MISTAKE! But, I do hope these last 5 weeks go by fast for ya, the last ones always seem to be the most uncomfortable!

Missy said...

wow, you really are almost there! Get some stuff done, Baby could be here any day! ;)

Kaci said...

Hooooow exciiiiiting!! :) Can't wait to see the new addition.

Haasiegirl said...

i think this is what makes women welcome labor...some sort of mechanism that makes it all not so bad. Make Pregnancy suck and then your ready.

trisha
momdot.com

anymommy said...

I can't wait to hear the news!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's so close. It's a great time of year too. At least you won't have to worry about snow drifts! :)

kanishk said...

you really are almost there! Get some stuff done, Baby could be here any day! ;)
Make website india

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com