Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday Toot



Nice to be able to sit down for a few minutes and toot someone's horn here :) Most of my toots have been celebrating my small accomplishments, but today I want to acknowledge the two people in my family who have made this horrid journey bearable (and who really deserve a toot!). My husband and my 10 (soon to be 11) year old daughter M.

My husband ended up doing most of the packing and most of the keeping it together before we left Wisconsin. He probably packed 20 boxes to my 2. He picked up my slack :) And he also did quite a bit of cleaning at the 1st house before we decided it wasn't worth the days of effort it would have taken to clean it (especially after we found the black mold in the basement and living room closet!).

And M was great. We ended up with an extra kid, a year older than D, during the loading and unloading. M did a wonderful job keeping the two youngsters occupied. It was a lot to ask of her, and she stepped up and did a great job. She was also great when it came to help keeping an eye on D and baby B while we attempted to clean the first house we were going to rent. And when we found another house to rent she showed her physical strength and moved just as much as everyone else. Everyone commented on how strong she was :) and what a great kid she was :) and she is! She retained a cheery disposition through everything.

And of course my husband - who ended up with the respiratory flu on the day of the move from one house to another - worked his butt off from early in the am until late in the pm getting everything moved over to the new rental house. I don't know where he found the strength.

I owe so much to those two! I am so grateful. I feel so blessed to have them in my life :)

1 comments:

cre8tivkj said...

That is just awesome! Yes, your daughter and hubby do need a great big pat on the back. You are blessed. Have a great day and happy TT!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com